My one-on-one creativity coaching sessions are for people who feel they've lost their creative juju and want to get it back. It's also for those who want to complete a creative project, though are feeling some resistance. Or perhaps you're a multi-passionate creative yet aren't sure what project to take on.
What are your creative goals and how can you build a loving and safe path to achieve them?
My creativity coaching sessions focus on reconnecting to your creative fire through first tuning into your body. Through discussions, intention-setting, and tuning in, you can rediscover--and take back--your creative power. In our sessions, I help you to confront any roadblocks that may sabotage your creative process. I bring a lengthy background in strategic communications, personal experience working with a debilitating illness and learning to listen to my body, and my work as a full-time writer and creator.
Often we feel unfulfilled in our lives, yet unaware of why we can't move forward creatively. This puts us in a place of being stuck in the middle instead of being an active agent, a co-creator with the Universe of our lives.
Through connecting to our bodies we can feel where we're tight, where we ache, where resistance is happening. Eventually, from tuning in we can discover why we're blocked, and how we may reclaim our place as creators.
The sessions will include a range of the following:
- Ideas for how to strengthen your creative practice.
- Guided meditations and visualizations to connect us to our bodies
- Get to the heart of roadblocks that sabotage your creative process
- Exercises and techniques that encourage you to consistently show up and create.
- Insights from me gained over several years’ writing and doing creative work.
- Zoom recording of the session or sessions if desired
- A list of deliverables and next steps.
- Strategies for how to approach your creative practice so you don’t get in your own way.
- Post-session check-in
- Tools to integrate creative work into your life so it becomes a habit.
Creativity isn't something that comes in waves that you ride once a month or twice a year.
It's a daily practice of getting out of your own way to let creativity do its thing.
Through embodied guidance and listening, you can learn to access your creativity and also meet and befriend your resistance.
Please contact me if you'd like to sign up for a tailored creative coaching session or for a free 15-minute session to explore how we might work together.
I’m intuitive too, and feel like I access this part of myself when writing, yet I’ve needed loads of help from so many sources—books, my tribe, my mum, life coach, business coach, craniosacral therapist, artists, yoga, meditation, online courses, raw chocolate, good shoes, hairstylist—to get where I am today. Sometimes getting a little help is just what you need to clear the cobwebs and catapult you to the next level. I'll work with you to develop tools tailored to you.
Think of me as your guide. Really, you're the one doing the work and finding the answers that best fit you. I just take you through the steps I’ve learned over my many years of writing every day, using the body to fuel my creativity, and super-charging the rest of my day with creative aliveness. You are the expert of your own experiences and needs.
I won’t throw much theory at you; it will be more like exercises that allow you to deepen the connection with your creative source and get out of your own way. The tools and strategies I work with are practical ways to implement creative habits into your life. You'll be able to use these right away and don't require massive amounts of reading and digesting to start.
This is for you if you:
- Want to develop a regular creative practice.
- Want to figure out where you're stuck so you can move forward on a particular project.
- Feel at a crossroads with your creative work and want to figure out the next step.
- Need help coming up with a workable plan for completing a project.
- Feel uninspired yet want to work on a creative project
- Want to learn tools and strategies to keep you on track creatively
- Experiencing serious self-doubt
- Are frozen when it comes to your creative pursuits, yet don't know why
- Guided Discovery: A one-hour session to go inward and determine where you're blocked and where you need guidance. We'll do a visualization, a writing exercise, and you'll receive a worksheet and resources to deepen the session's scope. (Cost: $130 US)
- Making Time for Creating: Three one-hour sessions including Guided Discovery and two one-hour sessions where you'll go deep and come closer to understanding the resistance and blocks that prevent you from creating. This package includes visualizations, generative writing exercises, and strategies to help you move forward. (Cost: $272 US)
- Embodying You as a Creative Being: Five one-hour sessions over a two-month period with weekly prompts. This package includes Guided Discovery, Making Time for Creating, and one-on-one coaching and mentoring to further create strategies to help you complete your goals. (Cost: $499 US)
I offer free 15-minute exploration sessions to determine your focus and desire for the sessions. Please contact me to register or to ask for more information.
I'm a writer and teacher who doesn't personally offer trauma-informed care. I do however know very qualified people who can help.
Karishma Kripalani (she/her), MA (Honours), is a NARM® Practitioner, Registered Craniosacral Therapist, and a trauma-informed somatic practitioner who holds safe space for individuals to release pain and emotions. As a practitioner engaged in healing intergenerational, cultural, and developmental trauma, she offers Body Wisdom sessions online, and in-person (once it's safe to do so).
I’m the Inspired Ringmaster, Chief Firestarter, and Big Sister behind Routinely Creative, creativity coaching to help you develop a creative practice that you can use for life.
I’ve learned the hard way that accessing your creativity isn’t about waiting for the muse to show up. It’s about you showing up that makes the cake, the painting, the purple pantsuit, the bestselling novel, the ceramic bowls, and the tie-dye lingerie. Yet even though deep down I knew I needed to work hard and work consistently, it took years before I learned how to access my creativity in a deeper way.
I used to beat myself up when I didn’t write. Or I’d take to heart what friends and family said about how there was no money in writing or art in general, and how unproductive creative play was for adults. Even though my heart was crying out to be creative, the shame I felt related to something so deeply ingrained in who I was, eventually crippled me. And not metaphorically.
I got sick and then had to take a few steps back to realign with my purpose for being on this planet. I quit my high-stress communications job in government, went on a writing retreat, and began to live and breathe creativity into every aspect of my life. The changes I needed to make in my life for my creative practice to take hold didn’t happen overnight. They took many months of dedication and searching. Yet without the tools and understanding about how to access my inner resources, I would still feel lost, and wondering what was wrong with me.
That’s why I launched Routinely Creative. I want you to stop searching in the wrong places for that secret magic and come home to yourself intuitively.
Here's what a previous client said about working with me:
“Through creating intentions and relaxing to the point of reaching a deeper discussion with my own body, Lissa increased my understanding of what’s going on inside of me and allowed that inner self to come out and be free. Letting the body tell its stories through feelings we may not have been fully aware of, touched me beyond the limits of writing, ultimately changing how I see.”
— Diana Condolo, Web Expert